During this unprecedented time, there have been various resources setup.
Northants Resilience Hub
0300 126 1000. Option 5
If you need help, say to receive food whilst medically self-isolating, please visit here.
If you wish to volunteer to help those in need, please visit here.
If you are clinically extremely vulnerable, you can register with the Government here.
They can offer support during this time.
Helping Hands – Community Group
This is a Facebook group where you can request help to receive items such as food and medicine whilst self-isolating (as an elderly or vulnerable person), as well as volunteer to help.
You can visit the group here.
It is not affiliated with Corby Mind.
- National Mind have collated a huge range of ideas on how to stay active in your homes and gardens. Download their resources below:
- Northamptonshire Sport have created an at-home activity directory – visit here.
- Corby Borough Council’s Sports Development Team are constantly uploading videos to inspire your activity – visit their Facebook page here.
Podcasts for your Mental Health
- Created by the Mental Health Foundation, these podcasts tackle a range of subjects including Mindfulness and stress. Visit here to find them.
- The NHS have a range of audio guides available to help boost your mood. Find them here.
Food and Cooking
- Jamie Oliver has a selection of easy recipes and basic cooking skill videos – visit his Facebook page here.
- For a wide selection of easy recipes, visit Tesco Real Food here or Asda Good Living here.
- The Virtual Pub Quiz – found here.
- Get involved in Gareth Malone’s Great British Home Choir – here.
- Listen to David Walliam’s Marvellous Musical Podcast – here.
- Make something for nature using the Wildlife Trusts’ resources – here.
- Partake in a free art workshop – here.
- Do some gardening. The RHS have a great selection of advice here.
- Watch a beach webcam.
- Do an online puzzle – such as these crosswords.
- Use the Calm app.
- Harry Potter at Home – Hub here.