The Crisis Cafe – a safe place for you in crisis or emotional distress
The Crisis Cafe is there for people who are in distress or mental health crisis. We work in partnership with the NHFT to deliver this service.
No referrals are necessary and you can just drop in. You can call first as we may be able to support you via the telephone if getting here is difficult. There are three members of qualified and experienced staff at every session and we have three sessions running per week.
The opening times (as of December 2019) are:
- Thursday 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Friday 5:00 – 10:00 pm
- Sunday 2:00 – 8:00 pm
Crisis support numbers:
- CATSS (Crisis Telephone Support Service 24hrs) – 0800 917 0464
- Samaritans (24hrs) – 116123 / 01536 416999 / Text 07725909090
- Women’s Refuge – 0808 2000 247
- Men’s Refuge – 0808 8010327
- NDAS (Northamptonshire Domestic Abuse Service) 0300 0120154
- CRI – (Drugs & Alcohol) – 01604 211304
- Text SHOUT on 85258 for text based Crisis Support
If you think that you may be at acute risk of harming yourself or someone else, you should got to your nearest hospital A&E department and ask for help or call 999 and ask for an ambulance.
If you are concerned about someone else showing signs of mental distress, remember to approach gently and quietly, providing reassurance that you want to help and support them. If you have a reason to think that the person may hurt themselves or others, do not approach them, and instead contact professionals, such as calling 999 and asking for an ambulance.