The Sanctuary – a safe place for you in crisis or emotional distress
The Sanctuary is there for people who are in distress or mental health crisis.
No referrals are necessary and you can just drop in. You can call first as we may be able to support you via the telephone if getting here is difficult. There are three members of qualified and experienced staff at every session and we have four sessions running per week. We are hoping to extend the sessions to more days in the near future.
The opening times from 1st July 2018 are:
- Thursday 6.00 – 9.00 pm
- Friday 6.00 – 9.00 pm
- Sunday 3.00 – 7.00 pm
Crisis support numbers:
- The Sanctuary at Corby Mind – 01536 267280
- Samaritans (24hrs) – 116123 / 01536 416999 / Text 07725909090
- Rapid Response Team – 01536 452315
- Women’s Refuge – 0808 2000 247
- CRI – (Drugs & Alcohol) – 01604 211304
- Men’s Refuge – 0808 8010327
- Crisis Responses – 0300 7770002
- CATSS (Crisis Telephone Support Service 24hrs) – 0800 917 0464
If you think that you may be at risk of harming yourself or someone else, you should got to your nearest hospital A&E department and ask for help or call 999 and ask for an ambulance.
If you are concerned about someone else showing signs of mental distress, remember to approach gently and quietly, providing reassurance that you want to help and support them. If you have a reason to think that the person may hurt themselves or others, do not approach them, and instead contact professionals, such as calling 999 and asking for an ambulance.